Monday, January 23, 2012

Egg Brunch

Dining on a Dime, p. 62

I made this for Sunday School. Our Sunday school class provides food for each week to help ease Sunday morning stress. I think this is a great dish for such occasions. I thought this was quite tasty and easy to make and take to Sunday school since you prepare it the day before then cook it the next morning. It is also nice to take since it is an egg dish as opposed to bread, donuts and such... though I enjoy those a lot too,  :)



Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups milk
8 eggs
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
12 slices of bread
1 (16 oz.) pkg. sausage, bacon or ham, cooked
3/4 lb. cheddar cheese, shredded

Whisk eggs and milk together. Add cream of mushroom soup. Layer bread in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. The bread will overlap slightly. Then add meat and top with cheese. Pour egg mixture on top and refrigerate overnight. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serves 18

Notes: I used sausage and drained it pretty well. I thought the dish was a little greasy. Not sure if it was the combination of sausage and the cheddar or what. I only used 8 or 9 slices of bread, maybe if I had used all the bread it would have been less greasy. I like using sausage better than bacon or ham. I also added some pepper. It went over well at church, too, so others must have thought it was good as well!  :)  

No comments: