Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Experiment 2.2

Not sure what to say about my not spending recently, other than I haven't been spending.  :)  I have been tempted, especially on a dry container for my Vitamix.  It is $144 online or at Williams-Sonoma, so it would have been less expensive ($99) to buy it during the Vitamix demonstration.  I had to stop and consider if I would really use it; not something I would have done if I weren't doing this experiment.  I decided I didn't need it.  If I want to buy whole wheat berries to mill, my parents have a mill I could use.  I already have a coffee grinder and I don't use powdered sugar enough to warrant the expense of the container.  Thus, I saved the $99!

I decided to not buy a subscription to Real Simple Magazine because I'm on Pinterest.  Probably anything in the magazine will be or already is there.  If you haven't read it, you simply must read Dawn's post on Pinterest.  So I saved $24 by not subscribing!

There was a set of recipe ebooks ($25) that I was tempted to buy.  I am a cookbook junkie.  I love to read them and look at the pretty pictures.  I'm getting better all the time about cooking at home, especially now that I'm really trying to eat more healthfully (I'm sure I'm saving money there but I'm not sure how to figure that out).  Anyway, I decided that I have enough cookbooks; and if I need any new recipes, there is always the internet!  I didn't spend the $25 for the ebook set.

I'm not even really thinking about stopping at Starbucks.... much.  ;)  $16 saved.

Because the Lord has quickly helped me with this Experiment, I am not sure how much more I will post.  Once in a while, perhaps.

Desires Not Spent: $164
Needs Met: one month's insurance for two vehicles, one month's payment for one vehicle

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

Kathie- I have enjoyed reading your journey of saying "no" to spending. Keep it up!